Modest Gamer User Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTP for MGcom Members! (Online Storage)

Go down

FTP for MGcom Members! (Online Storage) Empty FTP for MGcom Members! (Online Storage)

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 9:34 am

I have created an FTP that everyone can use. This will come in handy to transfer files which eachother and we will probably mostly use for scrimmage/match videos. Go ahead and follow the instructions I have written below to use this FTP. This is a great way for all the clan members to share files, videos, cracks and all that kinda good stuff. The FTP site is 500MB, which isn't huge, but enough is you zip your shit before transferring.

What is an FTP?
If you are not familiar with what an FTP is, I will explain... FTP is short for "File Transfer Protocol". Basically, this is an online storage site you can access and upload/download files just as if they were on your hard drive. What you are connecting to is a server which is hosting this space available to be used for whatever purpose you see fit. You are able to use the FTP just as if it is a local hard drive, however, the drive is located on the internet so you are able to connect to it from any computer and the information that you stored is available to anyone who connects to the specific FTP site.

Make since? So, to recap, its just an online hard drive you are able to access from anywhere.

How to Connect:
To connect to our FTP site, first you must download a program which will allow you to connect to the site. There are many out there, some are free while others you have to pay for. FireZilla is a pretty good free one, but I personally like SmartFTP. SmartFTP is not free, but of course, you can get a cracked version off of torrent site. Whether you go with SmartFTP or FileZilla, the way to connect is the exact same.

You can download FileZilla from Here.

After you download your FTP client, you have to enter the server information so you can connect to the site and start downloading/uploading files. Click on File - Connect/Remote Browser - Then enter the FTP information listed below.

FTP Information:
Host- ftp.modestgamer.clanservers.com
Path- Leave this blank You will be forwarded to (public_html/directory)
User Name- mgcom@modestgamer.clanservers.com
Password - steak123

How to Use:
After you have successfully connected to the FTP, you will see multiple folders. You may click on each folder to view its contents. If you wish to download any file, you are able to just drag and drop either the entire folder or specific file to whatever location you have opened on your hard drive.

If you wish to upload, you may simply drag and drop either an entire folder or specific file into which every folder you wish on the FTP. If you wish, you are able to create a new folder and organize just as you would a folder setup on your hard drive.

That's it. If you have any questions, just reply to this post and I will offer whatever help I can.

What Can I Transfer?
You are able to transfer any type of file to this FTP like game videos, music, cracks, games, torrents, documents... Pretty much anything you have on your hard drive.

Just as any hard drive, the amount of space the FTP can hold is limited. If your file is too large to transfer, try to use 7zip to compress the folder then try to transfer.
Admin
Admin
General
General

https://modestgamer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down