Modest Gamer User Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates to the Forums

2 posters

Go down

Updates to the Forums Empty Updates to the Forums

Post  Admin Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 am

Modest Gamers,

I have added some new features to the forums.

Organization
First thing you probably notice is the new organization to the forums. Let me know what you think. I also added some threads for our public server. I doubt anyone will be posting on these, but I do want to have just in case something does come up.

CHAT BOX
If you weren't already aware, on the main screen there is a live chat box which you can log into and maintain a live chat with any member logged into it. All you have to do is click, "Log In" and you will be able to IM other members. Just keep in mind everyone can see what you say.

POINT SYSTEM
A new feature added is the point system. Now, you will recieve points for each post, reply, gaining friends, each day per registration and per profile message. Your total points will be seen on each post under your name and also in your profiles. Each action gives you different amount of points, if you would like a detailed view of point given, please ask and I will post.

REPUTATION SYSTEM
Another new feature is the reputation. There is a "Thanks" button which will give you +3 reputation points. You will receive +1 for a positive vote and a -1 for a negative vote. Your total rep points can be seen when you post a thread and also when under your profile. Everyone will start with 0 rep points. When viewing another persons post, if you found it helpful be sure to give them the proper rep points. You will notice the + and - to the right side of the main post.

So, these are some new features to the forums. If you have any questions, reply to this thread and let me know. I hope you guys enjoy these!
Admin
Admin
General
General

https://modestgamer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Updates to the Forums Empty Re: Updates to the Forums

Post  GilltheButcher Thu May 20, 2010 6:06 pm

looking good man. Sorry I haven't been around. I have my last final today! Looking forward to doing some gaming tomorrow.

Gill
GilltheButcher
GilltheButcher
Officer Tier 1 Moderator
Officer Tier 1 Moderator

Back to top Go down